a title in any

in Wakeboard - Wasserski 18.01.2020 07:58
von Cl11234566 • 75 Beiträge

CHARLOTTE, N.C. -- Al Jefferson laughed when told he finished three stitches shy of a triple-double. "I have to call my agent because Im done with my modeling career," Jefferson said. Jefferson had seven stitches in the first half to repair a gash above his right eye, but returned to finish with 19 points and 11 rebounds, helping the Bobcats overcome an 11-point fourth-quarter deficit and defeat Washington 100-94 Monday night. The win prevented the Wizards from clinching their first playoff berth since 2008. Jeffersons put back off an offensive rebound with 3:30 left in the game helped the Bobcats take the lead for good at 93-92. Kemba Walker had a big second half, finishing with 21 points and 10 assists, and rookie Cody Zeller scored a career-high 15 points on 4-of-4 shooting and added eight rebounds for Charlotte. Walker scored nine points in the final quarter and the Bobcats erased a 16-point halftime deficit and pulled within two games of the Washington in the race for the sixth seed in the Eastern Conference playoffs Both teams have eight games left and will meet again on April 9. "We made big shots and played well defensively in the second half and really came together as a team," Walker said. "It shows our resiliency. That was a big win for us." Bradley Beal had 20 points for the Wizards, who missed 11 of their last 14 shots from the field. "It (stinks) man," Washingtons Al Harrington said of not clinching a playoff spot. "Because obviously we played a great first half. We really thought tonight was our night, but to have them come out and play the way that they played and beat us -- thats tough." Washington still would have clinched a playoff spot if the Utah Jazz had defeated New York later Monday, but the Knicks won 92-83. The Wizards (38-36) came in looking to snap the third-longest playoff drought in the NBA -- and for a while it looked like they would. The Wizards shot 59 per cent in the first half, at one point hitting 10 straight shots from the field and scoring on 14 of 15 possessions to close the first half on a 30-7 run. The Bobcats could do little right in what Jefferson called an "embarrassing" first half. But he was confident they would battle back. Jefferson walked to the scorers table at the start of the third quarter and told whoever was in earshot, "Hey, watch this comeback." "Everyone looked at me like I was crazy," Jefferson said. "At the end of the game though people were pointing at me saying, You said it. You said it." Charlottes defence was the big difference. Coach Steve Clifford also went to a pick-and-roll with Walker and Jefferson. "The Wizards did a good job of taking away the post," Clifford said. The momentum turned four minutes into the fourth quarter when Walker came up with the loose ball off a Washington turnover and fed Chris Douglas-Roberts for a fast-break layup in traffic with 7:38 left in the game. Douglas-Roberts had to adjust in midair to get his body from one side of the rim to the other to avoid defenders and get the shot to drop. Douglas-Roberts made a 3-point play and then knocked down a long-distance 3 to cut the lead to one before Jeffersons put back gave the Bobcats the lead for good. Jefferson hit a 16-footer to push the lead to three. Walker followed with a backbreaker when he scored on a driving layup to make it 97-92 after a Bobcats possession that took more than a minute off the clock. Charlotte twice came up with key offensive rebounds, allowing Walker to bring the ball back out and reset the offence and milk time off the clock. "When you give a team two to three looks one time down the floor, theyre going to make one," said Wizards forward Drew Gooden. "I would say we lost the game giving them second and third possessions offensively." Jefferson left the game briefly at the end of the first quarter to head to the locker room to get the stitches above his right eye after taking an inadvertent elbow from Trevor Booker. "I had to get a shot to numb it and I hate needles," Jefferson said. NOTES: Gary Neal returned to action for the Bobcats after missing two games with an ankle injury. He had nine points ... The Bobcats have won four of six against Washington, but have split their two games this season. ... The Bobcats have won 11 of their last 13 at home. Detroit Red Wings Pro Shop . The question is how many minutes will be available to them and can any of their defence or goaltending provide value? Top Picks: Following a down year in 2011-2012, Matt Duchene rebounded with his highest points-per-game (0. Detroit Red Wings Shirts .com) - Stephen Currys jumper with 3. https://www.cheapredwings.com/. Make that, almost always subjective. Saturday at Carrow Road, the spirit of fair play trumped the rulebook, costing Norwich City three points. Red Wings Jerseys China . That still leaves a big hole.You dont replace the leadership, defensive co-ordinator Billy Davis said. You just dont. Leadership is something that is earned over time. Wholesale Red Wings Jerseys . The move will give Hentgen the "time needed to support his family and his fathers current health issues," the Blue Jays said in a release. Hentgen spent 10 of his 14 big-league seasons with the Blue Jays, winning a Cy Young Award in 1996.CLEVELAND -- Four years after their messy breakup, the Cavaliers and LeBron James are at least talking about a reunion. Cavs officials met with James agent, Rich Paul, this week about the free-agent superstars possible return. The sides visited as James continued his family vacation, a person with knowledge of the details told The Associated Press on Thursday night. The person spoke on condition of anonymity because of the sensitive nature of the talks. It was not immediately clear if owner Dan Gilbert was at the meeting. James recently opted out of the final two years of his contract in Miami. The two-time NBA champion has gone to four straight finals with the Heat. However, after the team was throttled by San Antonio in this years finals, James said he would weigh his options this summer. One of them could be re-signing with the Cavs, the team he spent seven seasons with before leaving in 2010 to join forces with Dwyane Wade and Chris Bosh in South Florida. Wade and Bosh also opted out of their deals with Heat, raising speculation the "Big Three" could be headed in different directions. James decision to leave Cleveland -- Thursday was the four-year anniversary of the teams last pitch to him -- prompted Gilbert to condemn him in a scathing letter to Cavs fans. The owner also told The AP he felt James had quit during games in the playoffs. ESPN has reported that Paul also met with representatives for the Phoenix Suns, Houston Rockets and Dallas Mavericks. A photo of Mavericks owner Mark Cuban in Cleveland circulated on Twitter, though he said he was there for a commitment for his TV show, "Shark Tank." While James has been out of the country with his wife, Savannah, and their two sons, Paul has been working on the four-time MVPs future. Unlike four years ago, when teams flocked to Cleveland to make presentations to woo James, the courtship of him this time has been low key and rather business-like. The Cavs have waited patiently for their chance to try and convince the Akron, Ohio, native to come home. In the past few weeks, the Cavs have hired new coach David Blatt, selected Kansas swingman Andrew Wiggins with the No. 1 overall pick and gotten All-Star point guard Kyrie Irving to agree to a five-year, $90 million contract extension. Now, theyre working on bringing back James, who has never ruled out the possibility of a return.dddddddddddd Two years ago, James was asked if he could ever see himself playing for the Cavs again. "I dont know. I think it would be great," he said. "It would be fun to play in front of these fans again. I had a lot fun times in my seven years here. You cant predict the future and hopefully I continue to stay healthy. Im here as a Miami Heat player, and Im happy where I am now, but I dont rule that out in no sense. "And if I decide to come back, hopefully the fans will accept me." Cleveland fans, most of them anyway, have gotten over James infamous "Decision," when he announced he was leaving on a nationally televised special. He was booed mercilessly in his first games back with the Heat, but in recent years he has been received more favourably. Maybe thats because the Cavs havent been to the playoffs since he left and Clevelanders know he might be the only chance they have to see a championship in their lifetimes. Cleveland hasnt won a title in any of the major sports since 1964. If he were to come back, James could repair the damage he did to his image when he left. But that remains a big if. In having Paul meet with other teams, James could simply be putting on pressure for the Heat to upgrade their roster. Miami has been pursuing free agents and Yahoo Sports reported team president Pat Riley and coach Erik Spoelstra met in Los Angeles with Lakers free agent Pau Gasol. The Heat could have trouble surrounding James with enough talent if the reports he will only accept a maximum contract are accurate. James is scheduled to be in Las Vegas next week to host a basketball camp, and then is expected to attend the World Cup in Brazil. In order for James to play again in Cleveland, he and Gilbert would have to have some sort of reconciliation. Gilberts letter -- famously typed in comic sans font -- was a blistering attack on James, who had carried the Cavs to the NBA Finals in 2007 but failed to deliver on his promise of a championship. Gilbert had guaranteed the Cavs would win a title before James, but later regretted the prediction. "Looking back now, that probably was not the most brilliant thing Ive ever done in my life," Gilbert said. He and James may get a second chance together. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: bts shirt
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 91 Themen und 151 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online:

Xobor Forum Software von Xobor | Forum, Fotos, Chat und mehr mit Xobor