To get a good jump

in Wakeboard - Wasserski 18.01.2020 07:58
von Cl11234566 • 75 Beiträge

Jordan Bachynski had been in this situation before. In fact, hes been there on more than one occasion. The NCAAs leader in blocked shots has saved three games for Arizona State this season blocking shots at the buzzer. This time, in his first NCAA tournament game, Bachynski challenged Texas centre Cameron Ridleys lay-up, which narrowly escaped the Calgary, Alberta natives 74 wingspan with milliseconds left on the clock. The ball bounced off the backboard and into the net for an 87-85 buzzer-beater win. Arizona State was sent home after falling short of a hard fought first round upset, ending a season which saw them in the tournament for the first time in five years. It also capped a standout collegiate career for Bachynski, who in his senior year bettered his individual stats each season as his teams record improved as well. TSN.ca spoke with the Pac-12 Defensive Player of the Year prior to the NCAA Tournament about his goals, his game and whats next. What goals did you set for yourself as a team and individually this year? As a team, it was to make it to the NCAA Tournament. Most of the guys on our team havent ever been to the tournament - me included. So thats a huge goal, and to be able to do that and we felt we had a really strong team and guys that can help us get there. My main goal this year was to lead the nation in blocked shots because thats something I knew I would be able to excel at and so I was able to meet that goal. What is your approach or technique to blocking shots? Its not something I really think about; its something that comes naturally to me. Our defense is set up for me to help the guys on D. Coach Sendek actually completely changed the defensive strategy when I started to show that I had a knack for blocking shots. There were two games where I had a bunch of blocked shots and so the coaches saw that as such a huge asset for us and changed what we play to more help side man-to-man and Ive loved it. I love playing help side where a man is coming down the pike and I just get to step up and block his shot. How does it feel to be recognized as the Pac-12 Defensive Player of the Year? Its a huge honour, especially with the tradition of the Pac-12 and how it has produced such great players and such great big men. Some of the best big men ever to play the game came for the Pac-10/Pac-12. Its just an honour to be recognized as a defensive presence in such a great conference. Its an interesting time for Canadians in the NCAA. What does that say about the growth of Canadian basketball? Canadian basketball is on its way up. This summer I had a great opportunity to play with Team Canadas Development Team and there are some great players. Especially Melvin Ejim, who is doing amazing things. He just got named Player of the Year in his conference and me and him still keep in touch. Watching Brady Heslip knock shots down at Baylor and Kevin Pangos at Gonzaga and playing against Dwight Powell at Stanford, Canada basketball has really stepped up in college this year. Its crazy. Whats next for you after you graduate? Is the NBA in the cards for you? Thats definitely in the cards for me. Im working as hard as I can to get there. The NCAA Tournament would be huge for me. The national exposure and playing on that big stage and showing what type of player that I am, the defensive stopper that I am and the scorer that I am, and to play with my team is the main thing. Right now I want to get to the NBA, but the most important thing to me is that my team wins and thats what Im working for. So if that means that I have to take one less shot to pass it up to someone who has a better shot Im willing to do that because I want to win. Not a lot of guys realize that you can be a great player on a bad team and no one is going to notice you, so you need to make those guys around you better if you want to get noticed. Coaches and scouts are going to notice that and by helping your team win, by doing the right thing and playing the right way, you actually are giving yourself a better look at the next level. Yeezy Boost 700 Utility Black For Sale .She struggled with a hacking cough, she was sick, and she twice celebrated too early, but she held her composure in a 6-3, 7-6 (5) victory on Saturday.On her third match point, she let her racket go before hearing a let call to what she thought was an ace. Yeezy Boost 350 V2 Black Reflective For Sale .S. international midfielder Michael Bradley is complete. http://www.cheapyeezyswholesale.com/yeez...0-v2-zebra.html. - Dolphins safety Louis Delmas has been carted off the field with a right knee injury against the Ravens. Yeezy Boost 350 V2 Beluga 2.0 For Sale . Salah, who scored against Chelsea in two Champions League group matches this season, is Jose Mourinhos third significant recruit in the January transfer window after Nemanja Matic and Bertrand Traore. Yeezy Boost 350 Turtle Dove Cheap . With the win, the Marlies complete a three-game series sweep of the Admirals and move on to the second round of the Calder Cup playoffs. T.J. Brennan added an empty netter with less than 25 seconds remaining for his second of the playoffs.(SportsNetwork.com) - The Ottawa Senators take aim at a second straight victory on Saturday night as they welcome the Carolina Hurricanes to Canadian Tire Centre. The Senators had dropped four of five before defeating the Montreal Canadiens 4-1 on Thursday behind a quick start. Ottawa outshot Montreal 20-6 in the opening period, getting goals from Mika Zibanejad and Jean-Gabriel Pageau. Zibanejad scored 69 seconds in and Pageau restored Ottawas lead for good less than two minutes after Montreal tied it up. Erik Karlsson and Erik Condra also scored and Milan Michalek notched a pair of assists for the Senators, who got 25 saves from Craig Anderson while snapping a four-game skid to the Canadiens. (It) was a hostile environment, said Senators coach Dave Cameron. A start is always huge. To get a good jump, a couple of goals was huge. The Hurricanes hope to have a similar response tonight after getting blanked 3-0 by Ryan Miller and the Vancouver Canucks on Friday. Miller made 28 saves to record his second shutout in as many nights. Cam Ward alllowed all three goals on 13 shots over the first 40 minutes before getting lifted and Anton Khudobin turned aside all four shots fired his way in the third.dddddddddddd Carolina had a four-game winning streak at home halted and dipped to 4-2-1 in January. I think its important for us (Saturday) to show a little fight, a little response and be ready to play in Ottawa. I think tonight was tough sledding, but weve got to find a way in those ugly games, said Hurricanes forward Eric Staal. The Hurricanes should have no complaints about their penalty kill, which shut down two Canucks power-play chances and has killed off a club-record 30 straight penalties. The Hurricanes have won six of their past eight versus the Senators, with the two losses coming in Ottawa. Anderson is 6-2-4 versus the Canes with a 2.36 goals against average and .931 save percentage. Khudobin was already in line to start tonight, a solid choice given he has won all four of his previous starts versus the Senators with a 1.75 GAA and .952 save percentage. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: bts shirt
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 91 Themen und 151 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online:

Xobor Forum Software von Xobor | Forum, Fotos, Chat und mehr mit Xobor